Food Processing Essential Skills Program:
Workplace & Manufacturing Safety
The Food Processing Essential Skills Program is a free 4-week online, workplace & manufacturing safety training program. A nationally recognized certificate issued jointly by Food Processing Skills Canada and the Centre of Learning & Development will be awarded upon successful completion of the program. The courses provide participants with current and relevant training and skills for obtaining employment in the food processing and hospitality industries. Due to the effects of COVID-19, the need for food processors is steadily increasing as grocery, hospital food service, and prepared food industries have seen a drastic increase in demand.
- The 4-week program is a combination of online self-study with live weekly check in sessions hosted on Zoom featuring food industry professionals and guest speakers.
- Program participants will be provided with course materials accessible via an online learning management system (LMS) to complete work at their own pace.
- All learning modules are narrated and suitable to those with a CLB of 4.
- Food Processing certificate of completion will be awarded at the end of program.
Program participants can expect to learn valuable skills and required knowledge for obtaining employment, with a focus on food industry fundamentals such as:
- Food Safety & Sanitation.
- Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Distribution & Warehouse Safety.
- Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points.
- Digital Tech Skills.
- Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace.
Upon completion of the program participants will be equipped with new or refreshed skills, preparing them for success in the food processing workforce.
- Minimum age requirement – 18 years old.
- Interest in learning or improving skills in food processing, safety and hospitality.
- Reading comprehension with a Canadian Language Benchmark of 4
- Access to computer or tablet and internet connection.
- Ability to complete the course within the allotted time frame.
For a detailed overview of the program’s course offering. Please visit Program Curriculum
40 hours of self-study work to be completed at participant’s pace over the course of 4 weeks, with and optional 5th week for employment related training. It is recommended that participants allocate 10-12 hours per week to complete the program.
Ability to comprehend and successfully pass all quizzes and evaluations with a minimum mark of 70%.
How to Apply?
We are currently accepting online applications. In order to register for the FPE Program, please visit: