Volunteers are an essential part of CL&D and we are so grateful for our volunteer community!
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Direct services to clients (i.e. tutoring, mentoring, etc)
- Presentations/Public Speaking
- Technical Support
- Outreach/ Marketing
- Special Events
- Board Members
Opportunities vary from time to time depending on availability.
Applications are currently being accepted for:
- Immigrant Women Integration Program (IWIP) Mentoring
- Academic Upgrading Tutoring
- Board Members (specifically CL&D alum or local community members)
If you like meeting new people, have good communication skills and are comfortable using email, join us by filling in our online application. We look forward to meeting you!
Call for Mentors!
The Immigrant Women’s Integration Program (IWIP) needs Mentors!
IWIP Mentors provide active listening, motivation, support, and guidance to mentee regarding career preparation and goal setting, as well as build their professional network, and help create strategies to transition to and maintain employment.
– Prior work experience in the Social Service Sector and/or as a Mentor is an asset.
– Comfort with employment related activities, i.e. updating resumes and cover letters, mock interviews a must.
Dates & Times:
Jan. 31st, Feb. 14th, Feb 28th (6:00 – 7:30 PM)
Jan. 31st: 540 Dundas St. East, Toronto
Feb. 14th & 28th: Online