The Immigrant Women Integration Program (IWIP) is a FREE 8 month intensive leadership development opportunity to pursue any of the following goal paths: Post-secondary Education, Increased Employability or Independence.
What you gain
- Increased sense of belonging and self-confidence.
- Promote mental wellness in communities.
- Advocacy and civic engagement skill enhancement.
- Community research and presentation skills.
- Develop organizational and analytical skills.
- Workplace experience – 100 hours.
- One on one mentorship from professionals in the social service sector.
- Relevant certificates from the Social Service Sector.
- Interest in being a community leader.
- A minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark 6 in all areas.
- Ability to commit 16 hours per week from October 2020 to June 2021 (Blended Learning: Online and in person).
- Intermediate Computer Skills.
- Interest in supporting community change.
*Note: Classes will be held online until further notice
For more information:
Camila Geo – Program Lead
(647) 362-5627 or (647) 493-2462 ext. 118